Call for entries for the Excellence Awards
the Dr. Friedrich Jungheinrich Foundation
Every two years, the Dr. Friedrich Jungheinrich Foundation holds a ceremony to award the Excellence Awards to young, particularly qualified scientists who have performed outstandingly in the fields of mechanical engineering, electrical engineering and logistics as part of their academic studies.
What is the Dr. Friedrich Jungheinrich Foundation and what are its objectives?
The foundation was founded on 17 May 2004 by the daughters of the company founder and their families, the shareholder families Lange and Wolf and Jungheinrich AG.
The sole and primary purpose of the foundation is the promotion of science, research and education in the fields of electrical engineering, mechanical engineering and logistics.
The foundation achieves this objective by awarding scholarships to young people who are highly qualified in the field of technology or science, by commissioning research projects or granting research awards and, lastly, by promoting professorships at universities.
Invitation to submit an entry for the Excellence Awards
As scientists and students of the respective disciplines, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering and logistics, we would like to invite you to submit your contributions for the Excellence Awards.
The Dr. Friedrich Jungheinrich Foundation will award the prize for the best work at a ceremony held in Hamburg in autumn 2018. In total, the cash prizes amount to EUR 12,000.
All award winners and contributing professors will be invited to the Excellence Awards where they will be commended during the official ceremony.
What is expected from the scientific work?
- Most importantly, the work must be carried out in the fields of mechanical engineering, electrical engineering and logistics.
- It would be preferable if a link could be established between the research results and the products of the Jungheinrich Group. However, this is not a mandatory requirement for the selection of the prize winners.
- Participation is not limited to Germany.
- The scientific work should be accompanied by a single-page synopsis of the problem under investigation and a statement from the accompanying academic to highlight the outstanding character of the submitted work.
- A single-page curriculum vitae including a photo of the candidates should also be included.
- Furthermore, the candidate must be willing to attend the ceremony in person.
Deadline for entries
The documents must be sent by post to the address of the Dr. Friedrich Jungheinrich Foundation indicated below by Friday 15 June 2018 at the very latest.
Date and location of the ceremony
The ceremony will take place on Wednesday 12 September 2018 at the corporate headquarters of Jungheinrich AG in Hamburg (Friedrich-Ebert-Damm 129).
Dr. Friedrich Jungheinrich Foundation
22047 Hamburg, Germany
Tel.: +49 40 6948-3452
Hamburg, 14 February 2018